It has been a difficult year and our hearts go out to everyone who has been impacted, directly and indirectly, by this pandemic. Whilst we in Tanzania have been spared the horrors of the virus, as we strive towards some semblance of normalcy the world over, it is vital that we respect the new-normal. At Royal Migration Camp we believe it is imperative to emerge from this pandemic as a stronger and wiser entity; our priority being the safeguard of our guests, camp staff, the officials and the local community.
COVID19 TESTING PROTOCOL
Most airlines are demanding a Covid19 test 72 hours prior to travel and we at The Royal Migration Camp have devised a unique seamless adventure to make sure that your safari carries on smoothly without having to spend three nights at Arusha waiting for the test results to come.
The Covid19 test can be taken at Arusha or Karatu. We will prebook your test online with the center in advance. We will transfer you to your testing location and get you tested. We will then return you to our camp. The test results will be collected by us and handed over to you at your time of departure at Kilimanjaro International Airport.
If we were to assume that you are on a 5 night stay with us and we do recommend that you stay longer at a camp whose Covid19 protocol practices you are comfortable with, then this is what we are presently doing:
Day 1 Arrive at camp for lunch. Game Drives and stay at Camp
Day 2 Full day game drive along – stay at camp.
Our Operation Manager will login and book your Covid19 test at FAME
Day 3 We will transfer you to the Covid19 Center at Karatu by road
After the test we will transfer you to Manyara Airstrip
You will take the flight back to Ndutu. We will pick you up at the Ndutu Airstrip and
we will proceed on the game drive with packed lunch.
Day 4 Game drives and stay at camp
Day 5 Game drives and stay at camp
Day 6 We will transfer you to Ndutu Airstrip and you will take the flight back to
Kilimanjaro International Airport.
Our runner will meet you at the airport with your results.
COVID PROTOCOL AT CAMP
It is important to note that the Royal Migration Camp is a small and exclusive eco-friendly camp, situated deep in the heart of Africa in the Serengeti in Tanzania. With only 6 tents, the camp can occupy a maximum of 12 guests a night. Our low inventory maintains the ethos of an exclusive wildlife camp and strictly limits crowding. Our rooms are stand-alone tented units, which are at least twenty five meters apart as too are our common areas (Lounge, Bar/Games Room, Dining and the Massage tent) there is no crowding even whilst running on full capacity. Over and above this, we have implemented several new measures:
• Everyone (guests and staff) have easy access to two Health Stations at Camp with hand-
wipes, sanitisation and temperature readers.
• All guests are required to undergo temperature screening at check in and check out.
All luggage will require sanitisation.
• All staff members are required to undergo temperature screening every day to ensure a
healthy work environment.
• Staff will wear masks when dealing directly with guests and in close proximity of
• A dedicated team will be specially assigned to cleaning ‘contact areas’ on a daily
basis. Fixtures and furnishings will be wiped down and sanitized prior to guests
arrival and throughout their stay with us.
• Transfer and Safari vehicles will be sanitised daily and aired out.
• Crockery and Cutlery will be washed as per Covid protocol.
• Linen and house keeping laundry too will be washed as per covid protocol
• We advise all guests to carry their own Masks and Sanitisation. The Camp will also
keep emergency stock.
• Other than the staff, only people with confirmed ‘Booking Vouchers’ will be allowed
inside the property.
• There will be minimal contact between the office and camp staff.
• Ongoing training is being provided to our staff everyday.
• The tents will be opened out and aired out completely between guests’ arrivals and
stays with us.
• The sun and fresh air add to the cleanliness.
Royal Migration Camp has always taken pride in being small and exclusive. Our spirit evokes the freedom to explore the unexplored, that for the past few years has formed the very ethos of our brand. Come spend time with us as we reconnect with nature. We are one!
The Royal Migration Camp Management